Stir fry is a good alternative to straight frying. It uses little amounts of very hot oil that is then used to stir fry foods such as veggies and meat. Today, we found a pretty amazing recipe that combines this cooking technique with healthy ingredients. Try it out and let us know what you think below.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 green onions, sliced salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix chicken, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sherry, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. Whisk 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons sherry, oyster sauce, and sambal oelek in another bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir chicken in batches until golden and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a platter. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same wok or skillet; cook and stir broccoli and onion until broccoli is partially cooked but still firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce mixture and continue cooking until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Return chicken to wok and add green onions; toss until heated through and coated with sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
Recipe & Image Credits: AllRecipes