Today we found an awesome sorbet recipe that is made mostly of strawberries. Strawberries are known for being high in Vitamin C and also high in fiber. This recipe makes a great snack for anybody and at all times of the day. Try it out and let us know what you think below!
- 1 quart (1 1/4 pounds) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup diced pineapples
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a bowl, toss together the strawberries and sugar. Allow the berries to macerate at room temperature until they release their juice, about 30 minutes. In a blender or food processor, combine the strawberries and their juice with pineapple, orange juice, lime juice, and salt.
- Puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl (if you prefer a perfectly smooth sorbet, pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer set over the bowl), cover, and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Freeze and churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. For a soft consistency, serve the sorbet right away; for a firmer consistency, transfer it to a container, cover, and allow to harden int he freezer for 2 to 3 hours.
Recipe & Image: 52Foods