We’ve discovered a pretty neat valentines day recipe called, “Strawberry Roses”. These are fun when they are made in both secret and with your partner. This recipe is not only fun to make, but fun to consume. It’s also relatively healthy as it users strawberries as its main ingredients. Avoid using the sugar and cheese if you are trying to cut calories. Enjoy!
- 16 large strawberries, washed and dried.
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 whipped cream
- 1/4 cup coarse granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Beat the mascarpone cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon cheese mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Leaving the stem end in tact, cut off the tip of each strawberry, and carefully remove the core using a small, thin knife. Stand strawberries upright (stem end down), and slice through the tip toward the stem. Do not cut completely through. Repeat, slicing a total of 4 times. Each strawberry will have 8 sections. Roll the strawberries in the sugar.
- Gently open each strawberry and fill each with the cheese mixture, using a circular motion. Arrange strawberry roses on a platter, and sprinkle with lemon zest.
Recipe & Image: