We’ve got an excellent fruit salad that will delight you and your guests called “Sunday Best Fruit Salad.” This salad is perfect for special occasions or as a supplement for a real meal. This recipe only takes 45 minutes to make, serves 8, and is just a tad over 180 calories. This recipe does contain some peach pie filling. If you are looking to make this recipe a bit healthier and avoid unnecessary calories, we would recommend that you cut or lower the amount of the pie filling. Try it out!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved2 apples, peeled and cored
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 2 bananas, peeled and diced
- 3 kiwis
- 1 pint strawberries
- In a small bowl, toss the chopped apples in reserved pineapple juice. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the peach pie filling and pineapple chunks.
- Remove apples from pineapple juice and add to pie filling and pineapple mixture. Add chopped bananas to reserved pineapple juice and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice kiwi and 1/2 of strawberries. Chop the other 1/2 of strawberries and set aside.
- Remove bananas from pineapple juice and add to pie filling mixture. Add chopped strawberries; toss together.
- Arrange kiwi slices around the edge of the serving bowl and alternate with strawberry slices. Chill and serve.
Recipe & Image: