With the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, we’ll bring to you extra recipes that are perfect for Super Bowl consumption. The next one we will introduce is called, “Brat-Nachos”. We picked this recipe because not only is it yummy, but its the ideal finger food for the perfect Football game. Try it out and let us know, also… who are you guys rooting for? Tom Brady and the Pats are great, but we’d like to see the Eagles take this one. 🙂 But, more importantly, we just hope its a great game!
- 1 pound bratwurst sausages, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste 1/8 teaspoon onion powder, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Brown the bratwurst slices in a skillet over medium heat, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often; drain excess grease and set the sausage aside.
- Melt the butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onions in the butter and oil mixture, stirring often, until soft and brown, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Spread the bratwurst slices, caramelized onions, dollops of refried beans, jalapeno pepper slices, and Mexican cheese blend over the chips.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder.
- Bake the nachos in the preheated oven until hot and the cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
Recipe & Images: AllRecipes