Because Thanksgiving just ended you are probably enunciated with leftovers on top of leftovers. If you have any turkey left over, you can easily create this recipe called “Sweet Leftover Turkey Salad” It combines the best of both worlds, white meat and veggies. Not only will you be getting your protein but also your daily veggie requirements. Try this out and let us know what you think.
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seed kernels
- 1/2 cup raisins (for natural sweetness)
- 2 small apples, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a salad bowl, combine the turkey, sunflower seeds, raisins, apples, mayonnaise, salt, and lemon juice; mix well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.