Salmon is one of the healthiest and tastiest foods somebody could prepare. It is relatively inexpensive and it is easy to cook.
- 1.5 cups of apricot nectar
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- .75 salmon filet without skin
- 2 tablespoon of reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- preheat your oven’s broiler and grease broiling pan
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the apricot nectar, dried apricots, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cinnamon and cayenne. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until reduced by about half. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Remove 1/4 cup of the glaze for basting, and set the remaining aside.
- Place the salmon filet on the greased broiling pan, and brush with glaze. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Gently turn over once during cooking, and baste frequently during the last 4 minutes. Serve with remaining glaze.