Today we’ve got a low calorie recipe special called, “Thai Beef”. It is marinated flank steak with Thai herbal spices which gives this dish an extra kick of flavor. This recipe takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes from first prep to first bite. It serves 6 and is just a little over 180 calories. This dish goes perfect over rice. Try it out!
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, coarsely cracked
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Place flank steak in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Whisk coriander, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and ground ginger together in a bowl until marinade is well combined.
- Remove steak from freezer and slice thinly across the grain. Place steak in a large bowl, pour marinade over steak, and toss to coat. Cover bowl and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil.
- Lay steak slices in a single layer on the rack of the prepared broiler pan.
- Cook in the preheated broiler, brushing occasionally with marinade, until steak reaches desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes for medium rare.
Recipe & Image: