- 3 large bell peppers red and yellow
- 1 cup black beans
- .5 lbs 93% Lean ground turkey
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- .5 onion, diced
- 1 8 oz. jar crushed tomatoes
- .5 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- .5 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- .5 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove seeds. You can boil the peppers for 5 minutes if you prefer a softer texture.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, garlic and onion, saute until tender. Add the turkey and brown until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, black beans, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until blended.
- Fill the peppers evenly with the mixture, place in a lightly greased 10 inch cast iron skillet. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and add the remaining cheese to the top of peppers and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.