Roasted Cauliflower is not only one of our favorite dishes but is also extremely popular with our readers. Today, we bring to you, a unique roasted cauliflower recipe that combines the use of goji berries and charcoal. We believe you guys will enjoy the rich taste and the health benefits!
- 1 pound unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup finely grated fresh turmeric or ground turmeric
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon activated charcoal (like Solaray Activated Coconut Charcoal Powder), optional
- Lemon juice and salt, for seasoning
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup turmeric ghee (from above)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon activated charcoal tahini (from above), or more to taste
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- For the turmeric ghee, place the butter in a medium saucepan and melt, stirring occasionally, until you see a thick white foam develop on the surface. When the butter starts to simmer, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes without stirring. Then scrape the sides of the pan: The liquid should become clearer and brown milk solids should appear at the bottom. Keep scraping the pan. The bubbles should get larger. When the butter starts to develop a white foam on the surface for a second time, the ghee is finished.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, pour over a sieve, and mix the turmeric into the strained, pure butter.
- To make the activated charcoal tahini, pour the ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined. Season with lemon juice and salt.
- Heat the oven to 475° F and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Coat the cauliflower in olive oil and ghee and season with salt and pepper. Distribute on sheet pans and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the florets are beginning to char.
- Lightly coat the cauliflower with the tahini, adding more to taste. Adjust for salt, pepper, and lemon juice, then garnish with goji berries and serve.
Image & Recipe Credits: 52Foods