In these hot times; lemonade is a key ally. Its a thirst quencher and helps cool the body down. We discovered this awesome recipe. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small bunch thyme, plus some for garnish
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sparkling or still water, divided
- Combine the sugar, water, vanilla, honey, and thyme into a pot and stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Strain to remove thyme and allow to cool. Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour the syrup and lemon mixture into a glass with ice and top with 1/4 cup soda water. Garnish with a sprig of thyme. Repeat for each glass.