On cold winter nights or on days in which you are sick and need a bit of a pick me up. This soup will do the job. It will provide that little warmth and at the same time provide healthy nutrients to the body. Kale is low in fat, low in cholesterol, and high in fiber. Try this recipe out and let us know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 8 cups water
- 6 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes 6 white potatoes, peeled and cubed 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (drained if desired)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot; cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the water, vegetable bouillon, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, Italian seasoning, and parsley.
- Simmer soup on medium heat for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.