We found this is a great and healthy recipe that contains only 300 calories that can be made in 30 mins or less. Vietnamese vermicelli dishes are popular at our dinner table. They are essentially 3 spring rolls that have been unwrapped.
- 2 ounces uncooked rice vermicelli noodles
- 12 ounces ground pork
- 7 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diagonally cut seeded cucumber
- 1 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut yellow squash
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Cook rice vermicelli according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 8 minutes, stirring to crumble. Combine 1 tablespoon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons fish sauce, and oil in a bowl; add to pan. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Combine remaining 6 tablespoons juice, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons fish sauce, peanuts, green onions, and Sriracha in a bowl. Arrange lettuce, cucumber, carrot, and squash on a large platter. Top with noodles, pork mixture, cilantro, and mint. Drizzle juice mixture over top.
- Recipe & Image: MyRecipe