We’ve got an awesome recipe called “Waikiki-Style Meatballs.” These are not your typical meatballs as they are done Hawaiian style. They are a little sweet and sour, which give it its unique taste. This recipe takes about 4 hours from prep to the final product. It serves 6 and is about 400 calories. This dish will go well with either rice or pasta. Try it out and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup milk1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Thoroughly mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, and salt together in a bowl. Roll the mixture into balls and arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meatballs are browned on the bottom, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir the cornstarch and brown sugar together in the bottom of a saucepan and place over low heat. Add the reserved pineapple juice and vinegar; stir until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 full minute before removing from heat; pour over the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Add the pineapple chunks and green bell pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cook the mixture in the slow cooker on Low until the flavors are thoroughly combined, 3 to 4 hours.
Recipe & Image: