We’ve got an exciting fruit salad recipe called Watermelon Basil Salad. It consists of mostly of watermelon, a little bit of chili pepper and basil. It’s quick to make taking 50 minutes including 30 minutes of fridge time. It serves 4 and is just 10 calories. The chili in this recipe really is the secret sauce to this recipe. Give it a try!
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 4 cups 1/2-inch cubes watermelon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Stack basil leaves on top of each other and roll tightly into a log. Slice lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Combine basil slices and watermelon in a large bowl. Drizzle lemon juice over watermelon.
- Mix salt and chili powder together in a small bowl; sprinkle over watermelon and toss to combine. Chill salad before serving, at least 30 minutes.
Recipe & Image: