Today, we’ve got a pretty awesome recipe for both beer and bread lovers called “Whole Wheat Beer Bread.” This bread likely won’t get you drunk but is excellent with soups, sandwich, and just as an afternoon snack. It takes a bit longer to make, but the results are well worth it. Try it out!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar. Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed. It may be necessary to mix dough with your hands. Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Recipe & Image: