Today we have an excellent healthy breakfast recipe called, “Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes.” The great thing about these “whole wheat” pancakes is that they hardly taste like they were made with whole wheat flour. This specific recipe takes just 13 minutes to make, serves a family of 5, and is just 160 calories making this the ideal recipe for the people on the go who are looking for a full and hearty breakfast. Try this out and let us know!
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, plus more if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and artificial sweetener in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened, add blueberries, and stir to incorporate.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.
Recipe & Image: