Today we have a great Asian Inspired recipe called, “Wonton Soup.” With winter and cold season coming– a nice warm bowl of Wonton soup will rectify almost any issue. Wontons are one of our favorite things to make. It is often fun because it requires an “assembly” line; this makes it the perfect meal to “prep” as a family. It takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to make. It serves 8 and is just under 150 calories.
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces peeled shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 24 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/8 cup finely chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, combine pork, shrimp, sugar, wine, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon chopped green onion and ginger. Blend well, and let stand for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place about one teaspoon of the filling at the center of each wonton skin. Moisten all 4 edges of wonton wrapper with water, then pull the top corner down to the bottom, folding the wrapper over the filling to make a triangle. Press edges firmly to make a seal. Bring left and right corners together above the filling. Overlap the tips of these corners, moisten with water and press together. Continue until all wrappers are used.
- FOR SOUP: Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil. Drop wontons in, and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion, and serve.
Recipe & Image: