Today we’ve got a pretty awesome summer recipe called, “Zippy Summer Shrimp.” Although this recipe fits for summer time, we’ve had it recently, and it works great for the fall weather as well. It takes only 20 minutes to make, serves 6, and is just 240 calories. This makes it the ideal meal to be cooked after a long hard day of work. All the ingredients are relatively healthy, and substations are not necessary. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 pounds shell-on deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat; cook and stir the garlic in the oil until translucent. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and paprika into the oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Pour the lemon juice over the shrimp; allow to cook until the shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 1 to 2 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium-low; add the basil and toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Recipe & Image: